If you haven’t heard of “the tool man,” you might not be familiar with the famous 90’s t.v. show starring the accident-prone handyman Tim Taylor. His character, while knowledgeable about tools, was a little overly confident when it came to home improvement projects, usually ending in some disastrous way. Do you have a Tim in your life?
It’s okay, I’ve got the solution!
Meet Hometalk, which is an online community for sharing home improvement tips and tricks. Not all of us can afford to hire contractors, or bear to bother the handy neighbor one more time. This is where Hometalk members (homeowners, bloggers, and professionals) come to the rescue.
How does it work?
- Sign up using your Facebook account or an email address. It takes less than a minute.
- Select your interests so the home page can be personalized.
- Browse around the well organized site. Search by popular topics, or type in something specific.
- Find inspiration and advice by other DIY folks and professionals who have posted.
- Comment, clip (save), and share your favorite finds.
- If you want to learn more about Hometalk before joining, watch their informative video ‘Welcome to Hometalk!‘ which gives a quick overview of the site.
I need a professional.
If you just can’t DIY and if hiring a professional is in your budget, Hometalk can help. Just type a name or industry into the search, for instance “plumber.” All the plumbers in your area on Hometalk will appear in the results.
How is this an online community?
Online communities often consist of people who share similar interests, hobbies, goals, lifestyles, etc. A person joins because they benefit from the discussion.
- Do you enjoy DIY home improvement projects?
- Do you have a specific one you’re working on?
- Do you need advice, help, and inspiration?
- Do you want a professional?
Then Hometalk is the perfect online community for you to be a part of.